In this course the student will examine numerous materials and methods to incorporate into a home build to make it a green build. This includes understanding of the material attributes of green building products, design and developing considerations for all home systems, an in-depth examination of all green materials and methods for building green, and a comprehensive green building checklist to review before, during, and after any green build.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE OR SKILL OBTAINED
This course teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Learn what means to build “Green” and the many benefits it offers
- Explain the attributes of various materials and building products used for green building
- Understand a comprehensive list of design & building considerations to be examined during a home build
- Discuss the numerous materials & processes which can be applied during a green building project
- Review a comprehensive green building checklist to easily identify areas to apply green building principles
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
You will be able to immediately print a certificate of completion after passing a 40 question multiple-choice quiz. The quiz can be retaken unlimited times until a passing grade of 70% or better is earned. This course satisfies four (4) continuing education hours (CEH).
Course completion records will be electronically submitted to the Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services (DSPS) within 24 hours of completion.