This course examines the basics of operating a contracting business and provides essential tips for construction contractors and contracting businesses of all sizes. This course is broken into three informational lessons that discuss the following: the legal structures of businesses, financial management, & time management.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE OR SKILL OBTAINED
This course teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Learn about the different types of business structures and find the one best suited for their business
- Explain the concept of time management and why is it important to their business
- Learn and apply time management tools & techniques to increase their time efficiency
- Explain the concept of financial management and why it is important to a small business
- Understand the importance and use of budgeting, bookkeeping, cash flow analysis, and profit & loss statements
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
You will be able to immediately print a certificate of completion after passing a 20 question multiple-choice quiz. The quiz can be retaken unlimited times until a passing grade of 70% or better is earned. This course satisfies two (2) continuing education hours (CEH).
Course completion records will be electronically submitted to the Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services (DSPS) within 24 hours of completion.