This course covers the required topics and hours of continuing education required for registered and certified alarm & specialty electrical contractors specified in F.A.C 61G6-9.001, with NEW reduced hours from the Florida Legislature House Bill 1193, effective July 1, 2020.
- 1 hour workers’ compensation
- 1 hour workplace safety
- 1 hour business practices
- 1 hour Florida Laws & Rules
- 2 hours false alarm prevention
- 1 hour of Technical to include – 1 hour Florida Building Code advanced module course
This course consists of 6 video lessons covering topics as stated below. Note: Each hour of instruction is 50 minutes.
- Lesson 1: Florida Workers Compensation System: 1 Hour
- Lesson 2: Workplace Safety – Construction Fall Protection: 1 Hour
- Lesson 3: Tax Guidelines for Construction Businesses: 1 Hour
- Lesson 4: 2020 Florida Advanced Building Codes Significant Changes: 1 Hour (FBC Approved Course #1029.0)
- Lesson 5: Florida Laws & Rules – Recent Changes: 1 Hour
- Lesson 6: False Alarm Prevention: 2 Hours