|Applies to all CILB licensees for renewal and/or reinstatement.|
Records will be Electronically Submitted to the DBPR Daily
This course covers the required topics and hours of continuing education required for certified and registered contractors specified in F.A.C 61G4-18.001 (2a-2g), listed below.
- Specialized or advanced module course approved by the Florida Building Commission
- Workplace safety;
- Business practices;
- Workers’ compensation;
- Laws and rules regulating the construction industry;
- Wind mitigation methodologies;
- Pool electrical requirements.
The remaining hours of the course covers topics stated in F.A.C 61G4-18.001 (3). This includes business practices and workplace safety.
This course consists of 10 interactive lessons covering topics as stated below. Note: Each hour of instruction is 50 minutes.
- Module 1: Florida Laws & Rules-Recent Changes: 1 Hour
- Module 2: Florida Workers Compensation System: 2.5 Hours
- Module 3: Business Practices for Construction Contracting: 2.5 Hours
- Module 4: Wind Mitigation Methods: 1 Hour
- Module 5: Workplace Safety – Construction Fall Protection: 1 Hour
- Module 6: Workplace Safety – Silica Exposure in Construction: 1 Hour
- Module 7: Workplace Safety – Nail Gun Safety: 1 Hour
- Module 8: Guide to Government Contracting: 2 Hours
- Module 9: Pool/Spa Electrical Requirements: 1 Hour
- Module 10: 2017 Florida Advanced Building Codes Significant Changes: 1 Hour (FBC Approved Course #870.0)