|Applies to all CILB licensees for renewal and/or reinstatement.|
Records will be Electronically Submitted to the DBPR within 48 hours
This course covers the required topics and hours of continuing education required for certified and registered contractors specified in F.A.C 61G4-18.001 (2a-2f), listed below.
- Specialized or advanced module course approved by the Florida Building Commission
- Workplace safety;
- Business practices;
- Workers’ compensation;
- Laws and rules regulating the construction industry;
- Wind mitigation methodologies.
The remaining hours of the course covers topics stated in F.A.C 61G4-18.001 (3). This includes business practices and workplace safety.
This course consists of 10 interactive lessons covering topics as stated below. Note: Each hour of instruction is 50 minutes.
- Module 1: Florida Laws & Rules-Recent Changes: 1 Hour
- Module 2: Florida Workers Compensation System: 2.5 Hours
- Module 3: Business Practices for Construction Contracting: 2.5 Hours
- Module 4: Wind Mitigation Methods: 1 Hour
- Module 5: Workplace Safety – Construction Fall Protection: 1 Hour
- Module 6: Workplace Safety – Silica Exposure in Construction: 1 Hour
- Module 7: Workplace Safety-Nail Gun Safety: 1 Hour
- Module 8: Guide to Government Contracting: 2 Hours
- Module 9: Tax Guidelines for Construction Businesses: 1 Hour
- Module 10: 2017 Florida Advanced Building Codes Significant Changes: 1 Hour (FBC Approved Course #870.0)